How Was Your Day?
Get to know what school is about...
Millwood Elementary prides itself on the strength of the parent volunteers and involvement in the school. Close parent and school communication is essential in ensuring a positive and effective education for children.
Our staff welcome parent participation in daily activities and want to have parents be an active part of the learning of each child.
The school administration encourages and welcomes parents to be involved in every aspect of their child’s education. Please get involved in your child’s schooling by becoming a volunteer or simply be keeping a keen eye on what your child is doing by asking.
We all know most children never have a great answer to "What did you do at school today?" so try some of these to dig a little deeper into their daily experiences:
- Tell me about something exciting that happened today?
- Tell me about one of your classmates?
- Tell me about what you did at recess time?
- Which rule did you have the most trouble following today?
- If aliens came to earth and took someone from your class, who do you think they would take? Why?
- If you could be the teacher tomorrow, what would you teach the other kids?
- Did you help anyone today?
- What was the funniest thing you saw today?
- If you went back to school tomorrow and the class seating plan was different, who would you want to sit beside?
- Did you do any physical activity in the classroom today? What was it?
- Tell me about the technology you used in class today?
From these questions you can follow up with - who, what, where, when, why, or how - and get even more information about their school day experience.